So you’re thinking about taking the plunge and starting a business. This is something which is happening more and more as people look at running their own business as an alternative to employment in these difficult financial times. We love working with new start businesses, there’s nothing like that excitement and enthusiasm but we shouldn’t get carried away – a lot of hard work and hurdles will come your way so that’s why we are here to help.
The underlying problem of course is that most people start their own business because they have a particular passion and expertise for what they are about to do. This doesn’t mean they are experts in the legal and financial aspects of running a business. That’s where we are here to help! Meeting with us at the planning stage helps deal with all of the red tape (we do it so you don’t have to). This means you can concentrate on what you are good at and not on dealing with all the formalities.
Putting it simply if you come up with the business idea, we can help you with:
- Business Plans.
- Cash flow forecasts and budgets.
- Discussing financial implications including the possibility of grants and liaising with your bank.
- Importantly the different business styles you can operate with – is a sole trader status enough or how about a Ltd Company?
- Setting up the basics of a bookkeeping system using the Cloud products now available to keep it simple.
- Keeping to deadlines – HMRC charges automatic penalties for missed deadlines.